Konjou

Friday, June 27, 2008

WCG - Finally I qualified for the regionals

Well it's been a long and really hard trip for me, but I finally qualified for the offline Atlantic regionals. So many times did I make it to the online finals as a favored to win only to have it stripped right out from under me. I think it took me at least 7-8 tries before I could finally do it, where as it took my NYC com rads only 1-2 chances. Am I choking due to nerves and over thinking or am I just being out played by my opponents? I really don't know, but I hope I can find the answer soon so I can make the necessary adjustments needed to tweak my game before the regional finals. I definitely know that I am not playing at my best, but even so I should not be having this much trouble. Honestly I think I focus to much of my time playing ranking mode and not enough time in Dojo mode practicing and refreshing my game. Also I have noticed that my mental toughness has definitely deminished a little bit. Mental toughness really is something a player needs and has to know how to keep in check. Letting your emotions get the best of you can really affect your overall game and performance. I think I may have to restart my mental training exercises to help calm my nerves so I can keep my focus.

No comments: